Founded in 2001, Avalon Advisors, LLC (“Avalon”) is a Houston-based independent registered investment adviser offering investment management and financial advice for individuals, families and institutions. We currently manage approximately $7 billion, are a registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and are locally controlled and owned by employees and outside investors.
The primary function of this role is providing a continuous level of excellent service to our clients and ensuring our office is efficient, well equipped and well-organized. We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, high energy Office Coordinator with strong people, organizational and administrative capabilities.
- Making coffee and tea in kitchen and coffee bars every morning
- Daily restocking the kitchen and coffee bars – drinks, cups, sugar, creamer, etc.
- General maintenance of kitchen and coffee bar areas including refrigerators and ice machines
- Loading and starting dishwasher(s) each evening, unloading in the morning
- Assisting receptionist by setting up, refreshing and clearing out meeting rooms, including setting up and clearing dining room and serving area for management & client meals
- Handling all office catering requests
- Working with client advisory teams to prepare meeting rooms for client meetings and lunches
- Backing up the reception desk during lunch or other absence
- Sorting, opening and distributing all mail & deliveries, handling misdelivered mail and placing unwanted mail with client names into shredder bins. (Compliance requires mail to be opened & checked by an employee who has been finger-printed and requests that all mail be opened on the day it is received)
- Collecting boxes and registered/certified mail when postal carrier calls upstairs
- Carrying office mail to postbox downstairs each afternoon, also taking misdelivered mail to leave in bin next to mail boxes in basement
- Working with Iron Mountain storage to pick up file boxes for off-site storage once all items for a month are received and boxes are full (as needed)
- Working with third party vendors to ensure inventory is delivered in a timely manner
- Reviewing catering inventory and assessing supply needs, including first aid supplies, kitchen & snack areas
- Ordering office supplies monthly and maintaining an inventory of paper, toner, and other supplies
- Maintaining a deep stock of FedEx shipping materials & keeping them well supplied
- Ensuring marketing room is equipped with all necessary marketing supplies
- Must be able to undergo a background check and fingerprinting
- Must have a professional appearance
- Must have excellent communication skills when speaking with clients and employees via telephone or in person
- College degree preferred but not required Excellent customer service skills Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to perform multiple tasks/prioritize
- Interest and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to identify issues and offer solutions
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. Must possess manual dexterity and be able to bend, crawl, reach and grasp.
- Uncompromising integrity
- Collaborative team player
- Dedicated to excellence and the ability to maintain high levels of personal accountability
- Ingenuity and capacity for independence and self-motivation
- Strong work ethic, deadline-focused, and positive attitude
Physical requirements/working conditions
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone.
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience and an excellent benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please email your résumé to email@example.com. No direct phone calls please.