Core Values represent the basic foundation upon which the firm’s vision sits, for Avalon, these include: Integrity, Collaboration, Dedication and Ingenuity.
At Avalon, we are passionate about our work and excited about the opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We thrive in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and are dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients. Our impact extends beyond the Avalon walls and into the community where we spend time as a team or individually working with various local organizations on causes that matter most to us. We recognize that Avalon is unique and are proud to be a part of it -- we strive to make it a great place to work.
Job Description: Fixed Income Trading and Operations
Founded in 2001, Avalon Investment & Advisory (“Avalon”) is a Houston-based independent registered investment adviser offering investment management and financial advice for individuals, families and institutions. We currently manage approximately $8 billion, are a registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and are locally controlled and owned by employees and outside investors.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic trading desk and be an integral part of implementing new systems and procedures. The ideal candidate will be willing to be involved in the full life cycle of the trade process – from trade creation through settlement and have experience with separately managed accounts. The primary function of this role is to provide Fixed Income trading and operations coverage to Avalon’s Trading Operations and Portfolio Management Team. The position will facilitate flows across U.S. Domestic Fixed Income, including IG & HY Corporates, Structured Products, Municipals, Governments and Agencies and work across all FI strategies. The position will be relied upon to help synthesize market data as well as give valuable input to the portfolio management process. This position reports to the Head of Trading Operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Direct responsibility for trading Avalon Fixed Income separately managed accounts
• Address and resolve all reconciliation and settlement issues
• Trade execution across multiple electronic, voice and hybrid platforms
• Broker management
• Market intelligence and position monitoring
• Trade facilitation, including all pre and post trade phases
• Trade idea generation
• OMS data management
• Collaboration with PMs across Avalon Fixed Income & Equity platforms
• Equity trading and operations as needed
• 5+ years fixed income trading experience preferred
• Experience with separately managed accounts preferred
• Experience with Bloomberg, Perform, Moxy or other trading platforms preferred
• Detailed knowledge of Fixed Income markets
• Interpersonal communication and ability to interface with clients
• Innovative thinker who can see beyond current infrastructure and systems
• Ability to interact with external trading desks
• Ability to handle high levels of responsibility
• Interest and passion for financial markets
• Experience with Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) a plus
• Uncompromising integrity
• Collaborative team player
• Committed to being part of the success of our firm
• Dedicated to excellence and the ability to maintain high levels of personal accountability
• Ingenuity and capacity for independence and self-motivation
• Strong work ethic, deadline-focused, and positive attitude
We offer competitive benefits to our employees. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience and an excellent benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please email your resumé to email@example.com. No direct phone calls please.