Desktop Support Specialist
Founded in 2001, Avalon Advisors, LLC (“Avalon”) is a Houston-based independent registered investment adviser offering investment management and financial advice for individuals, families and institutions. We currently manage approximately $7 billion, are a registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and are locally controlled and owned by employees and outside investors.
To provide outstanding desktop end-user support, world-class customer service and minimally supervised leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides outstanding customer service to user and executives at all times, with emphasis on being the representation of IT facing the business. Displays leadership skill and ownership of IT interests in the office.
- Repairs and maintains internal technologies including hardware issues and failures, software issues, viruses, errors, installs, repairs and other issues. Responds to normal and high priority client calls (local or remote) and uses troubleshooting skills to resolve problems.
- Performs desktop and software installation in accordance with corporate standards. Responsible for hardware installations, documentation, user training, and other general help desk functions. Responsible for accountability and maintaining hardware inventory, quarterly PC refresh, new hardware deploys, break/fix, and recovery. Minor support of Polycom conferencing equipment, Apple TV, iPad, iPhones and Androids, TV monitors and DirectTV receivers.
- Must be able to take direction, manage priorities, and perform tasks with minimal supervision. Must possess high attention to detail and understand the importance of top-quality customer service with a professional attitude.
- Project management of IT projects working with key stakeholders and business leads.
- Involved in cyber security initiatives including working with outsourced provider for monitoring.
- Coordinates with outsourced IT service provider on network/server work and other IT intensive projects\
- Works with mission critical systems and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assists in the requirements gathering, selection and implementation of strategic IT solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.
- 3 or more years of prior desktop support experience preferred. Position requires an aptitude for technology, willingness to take on new challenges, and superb customer service skills in a leadership role. Ability to work with all levels of management and leave a lasting positive memorable experience.
- Applicant should have Windows desktop experience (XP, 7 and 10) in an active directory environment, Apple OS experience and expertise with a variety of desktop applications including MS Office and Outlook (all versions). Solid desktop, phone and remote user support skills required. Proven desktop, laptop, software, and operating system troubleshooting skills required. Must have a firm understanding of networking related troubleshooting as it relates to end-user troubleshooting.
- Network +, Server +, CCNA, MCP, or MCSE certification(s) a plus.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. Must possess manual dexterity and be able to bend, crawl, reach and grasp.
- Must be able to undergo a background check and fingerprinting.
- Uncompromising integrity
- Superior initiative and ability to maintain high levels of personal accountability
- Capacity for independence and self-motivation in a high-volume environment
- Strong work ethic, deadline-focused, and positive attitude
- Collaborative team player who believes in relentless customer satisfaction
Physical requirements/working conditions
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to user standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone.
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience and an excellent benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please email your résumé to email@example.com. No direct phone calls please.