Core Values represent the basic foundation upon which the firm’s vision sits, for Avalon, these include: Integrity, Collaboration, Dedication and Ingenuity.
At Avalon, we are passionate about our work and excited about the opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We thrive in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and are dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients. Our impact extends beyond the Avalon walls and into the community where we spend time as a team or individually working with various local organizations on causes that matter most to us. We recognize that Avalon is unique and are proud to be a part of it -- we strive to make it a great place to work.
Job Description: Client Advisory Assistant
Founded in 2001, Avalon Advisors, LLC (“Avalon”) is a Houston-based independent registered investment adviser offering investment management and financial advice for individuals, families and institutions. We currently manage approximately $8 billion, are a registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and are locally controlled and owned by employees and outside investors.
The primary function of this role is supporting a Client Advisory team. Attention to detail, articulate, proactive, positive and able to provide an excellent client service experience is essential as this role will be responsible for interacting with clients and prospects, preparing and collecting documents, opening new accounts, money movement, calendar management, coordinating travel and expenses and other administrative duties. This is a collaborative role which will require interaction and partnerships across multiple levels of the firm and external entities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Manage new client implementation process. This includes the collection of required documentation and client information, opening new accounts, liquidity requests, money movements, internal correspondence regarding reporting matters between accounts in, and outside the firm
• Primary contact for all documents sent to/received from clients (account docs/authorization letters, etc.) • Maintain existing client relationships through the processing of client requests and ensuring key client information and documentation is up to date
• Create and maintain client profiles and documents in Salesforce
• Coordinate and prepare marketing reports and presentations for prospect and client meetings
• Answer client phone calls, coordinate travel and prepare expense reports
• Monthly reports to clients at their request
• Calendar management/coordination for prospect and client meetings
• Preparation and distribution of client and prospect communication (follow-up letters, birthday cards, Christmas presents, etc.)
• Must have 1-3 years of previous industry experience
• College degree required
• Excellent client service skills
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Salesforce experience is a plus
• Ability to perform multiple tasks/prioritize
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must have a professional appearance
• Ability to identify issues and offer solutions
• Strong organizational/administrative skills and project oriented
• Proactive, positive attitude and problem-solving skills
• Ability to quickly absorb and utilize new methods in a fast paced/high volume environment
• Strong work ethic and ability to complete tasks
• Uncompromising integrity
• Collaborative team player
• Dedicated to excellence and the ability to maintain high levels of personal accountability
• Ingenuity and capacity for independence and self-motivation
• Strong work ethic, deadline-focused, and positive attitude
We offer competitive benefits to our employees. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our
competitive salary depending on experience and an excellent benefits package. We work to maintain the
best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive
to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our
processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please email your resumé to email@example.com. No direct phone calls please.